Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sketchbook

I’ve been kinda down lately. Actually, ‘kinda down lately’ is a polite understatement. I’m not satisfied with my life and art at the moment. In fact, I very rarely am. But lately I don’t have enough to do to distract me from how bored and lonely I am. I feel like a vampire. I stay up half the night and sleep half the day. I hardly go out or see and speak to anyone. There’s a part of me that longs for solitude but it's not very good for me.

I need my art to be more sophisticated, to move away from complete representation. I dunno.

Anyway, due to my boredom, I’ve taken photographs of some half-decent sketches/experiments I did over the past few months. I like how unresolved and raw they are.




















3 comments:

  1. these are so beautiful jess! I'm totally feeling these haha.
    I especially love the first one.
    cheer up, you hear?!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that comment makes me smile. I'm glad you're feeling them.
    Anything for you, my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like your sketches
    and being alone is one of the best abilities i think anyone can have.
    we'll outlive the rest

    ReplyDelete